Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Soggy day at the zoo

We went to the zoo today with the Mom's group from church. The weatherman warned us. But did we listen? No. We thought it might just sprinkle a little then clear up. Nope. God decided to open the floodgates of heaven upon us about five minutes after we arrived. And we were wet. Very very wet.

It kept raining. The whole time.

But we had a fun time anyway. We went to the "splash park" part of the zoo... thinking the kids would have fun since they were already wet anyway. We didn't bother to put on the swim suits.

Here is my poor daughter, shivering in the cold...


At least I brought her cute froggie towel.




Ryan stayed mostly dry in his carseat-carrier, snug under a blanket. Of course after we were all soaking wet, he decided to be hungry. So I nursed him. I think I am now qualified to join the ranks of the many "super moms" who have gone before me that have nursed their babies in inconvenient, adventurous and outlandish places. Sitting on the steps of the tiger exhibit, dripping wet, with a froggie towel keeping me halfway decent. Yep. I did. I was desperate.


And while Jane growled at the tiger, Ryan pooped. Situations can always get more interesting.



While we splashed our strollers through puddles, pausing to hunt for something dry to wipe our faces off, we wondered if we were crazy moms.

In the end, we decided the word we were hunting for was "fearless."


After all, things could always have been worse. I did remember to bring the froggie towel.

4 comments:

Eowyn's Heir said...

Hahahha!! I love how my mascara is visibly smeared and running even from 20 ft away!!

Eowyn's Heir said...

Hahahha!! I love how my mascara is visibly smeared and running even from 20 ft away!!

Brandon said...

LOL nice Jenny! Oh I am going to miss the rain out here!!! Well glad you all enjoyed the rain, I think Jane looks very cute all wet. :D

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

ROFL! That sounds like some fun! :-) We had a done pouring of rain here the other day but we stayed snuggled inside! :-) Maybe another time! hehe