Thursday, June 3, 2010

Imagination

Jane has definitely been using her imagination a lot more recently. I am always impressed with what she has come up with on her own... she copies what we do without us teaching her to do it! Her latest thing is to feed her teddy bear and her baby doll "supper". she puts them in the highchair all by herself and announces over and over again, "Supper! Supper!" (though it sounds more like, "Pupper!") It is not unusual for me to come in the room and find her bear all ready to eat...


Today she pushed a chair in front of her highchair and asked to be picked up and set on it... she wanted to feed her baby just like we do, so I gave her some cheerios, a couple spoons and a plastic bowl and she was entertained for fifteen minutes!



After she's decided her teddy bear (or doll) is finished, she yells, "Ah-Dah!" (** Jane lingo for, "all done" **) and yanks him out of the chair. Then to my surprise, she says, "potty!" and runs into the bathroom, carrying the teddy with her. Sure enough, if I go into the bathroom, this is what I'll find:


I realize that she puts her teddy and baby doll on the potty after "supper" because the habit is so ingrained into her: after every meal, we take Jane to the potty. Of course her doll and teddy bear have to do the same routine!

Ah... we have trained her well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww!! What a little moma!

Sherrie Champion said...

That is so precious! Thank you for all the pictures, I feel like I'm right there and chuckling to myself seeing it firsthand.