Jane and I went to Hubers farm to pick raspberries, blackberries and peaches with the "Mothers and Others" group from church. We had a
blast!

...... a blast of
heat, that is. It was treacherously hot. We
meant to pick three different kinds of fruit, but in the delightfully cool morning weather, I guess we were feeling a little too optimistic. After arriving at the farm and picking raspberries for about.... five minutes.... I was wondering if we were going to even make it as far as the blackberry bushes. Though Jane did enjoy grabbing the leaves and trying to get them in her mouth without my noticing (with several successful attempts, actually) as I bent over to hunt for berries, she was only temporarily entertained. She let everybody know that she was hot and bored. Ten minutes later I was quite certain there would be no peach picking.

I decided that we'd gotten enough out of our little fruit picking excursion, and we were done. I'd just buy a couple peaches from the Huber's (air conditioned) store and we'd be much happier for it!

After buying our sweet edibles, (feeling no guilt whatsover that I didn't pick my own peaches) we headed outside to a shady area to have a picnic lunch. I really enjoyed visiting with the other moms while we sat on a blanket on the grass.... but of course Jane's enjoyment of the picnic was short lived.

That's what happens when Mama makes her skip her morning nap only to be drug around outside in the blistering heat. Seriously. What do you expect??

Despite the heat, we loved the chance to get out and enjoy fellowship do something out of our ordinary routine!
No comments:
Post a Comment