We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year! We enjoyed having the Gordon family over for the traditional turkey meal with all of the fixings. I was adventurous this year, and decided to cook our turkey in the crock-pot. It BARELY fit... Aaron and I had to work together to cram it in ... if it was even 1/4 Lb bigger it wouldn't have fit! It worked wonderfully, much to my satisfaction! It was moist and tender... and absolutely delicious! Mmmm.... I just love Thanksgiving food!The Gordons are from New Zealand, and so it was fascinating talking to them about traditions, and why we do things the way we do... they always have an interesting perspective. It's fun to have to pause the conversation and ask, "now... what was that word?" .... for example, they call kitchen towels "tea-towels".... they call flashlights, "torches" and I can't even pronounce their word for "aluminum foil"... they were laughing when I tried. :o)
After stuffing ourselves with dinner, we had a blast playing "Scum"... our VERY loud and lively game lasted many joyous hours...
We finished our happy Thanksgiving get-together with pie (mmm... of course we had several to choose from....) and ice cream, and then topped it off one last round of Scum...
How wonderful the Lord is, to provide us with so many good things to enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment