The Lord has graciously provided us with a car seat, two bases, and stroller set, given to us by a complete stranger. The set is in great condition, but it was stored in a garage, so it needs a thorough cleaning. I thought I would just take out the padding and throw it in the washing machine, and spray down the plastic and metal parts.... a task that I expected would take all of ten minutes or so... but I soon discovered that it was a much bigger project! As I sat on the ground in my backyard, investigating the many screws that needed to be unscrewed, and snaps that needed to come off and padding to be pulled out, my neighbor, Suzanne came out to see what I was up to. She is pregnant and expecting her baby in February, and is also adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia in January. She said, "hey...we just got a double stroller and car seat set from Craigslist and I need to get it cleaned too.... I'll go get it!"

So for the next hour, the two of us pregnant women scattered our yard with four car seat bases, two carriers, two strollers, piles of padding, and miscellaneous tools. We were wet from the hose, and made quite the sight bending over our rather.... "roundly" bellies... but it was fun! Now that we have pulled everything off our travel gear, and the padding is soaking in the washer, we are wondering how in the world we're going to get it all back together again! We're anticipating an all-day project.

Praise God for sweet friends, good times and unexpected blessing!
2 comments:
Post a photo after you reassemble!
:-)
That's hilarious! Sounds like something I would do... er actually have done! Its amazing what you find UNDER the cushions. *shudders* LOL, if you need help getting it back together, I'm actually pretty good at that.
Post a Comment