Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jane can sign!

We just arrived home from nearly three weeks of vacation (hence the reason I haven't blogged in so long). I'm working on writing all about it, but for now, I'm just going to share this video. We taught Jane how to ask for more food by using sign language. Of course she adapted it to the "Jane version" but we understand the communication and all of us agree that it is much better than crying for what she wants!




Now it has become her universal sign for "I want something." She does this if she wants more food, wants a toy, wants a drink, wants you to do something again, wants to be picked up etc. It's just like magic!

(and yes, it was marshmallows I was giving her in the video. It was her after dinner treat. I know, I know, I'm SUCH a bad Mama)


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Jenny,
Your little girl is adorable!

Dawn said...

How sweet is that?