Tuesday, October 28, 2008

my little plants


I am not a green thumb by any stretch of the imagination, so I am quite proud of my two little plants! The one on the right is an African violet, which a sweet friend gave to me nearly a year ago on my birthday.... it is the only plant I have successfully kept alive for so long :o) The one on the left is Shamrocks, which I am equally as proud of. I acquired this one last month in the form of three little roots which Mother gave me while I was in San Antonio Texas for a visit. The little roots traveled with me in a plastic bag on the plane and then I transfered them into this lovely plastic container on my kitchen window sill. They may look a little scrawny now... but I am confident that they will grow into a full vibrant, bushy, leafy plant which will eventually graduate to a nicer ..... more attractive.... pot.

I think I might be beginning to like this gardening thing.... we'll see what kind of fun little plants I can keep alive on my porch this spring!

No comments: