Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bittersweet Chocolate Roulade

This evening we will be having dinner with some dear friends from San Antonio.... John & Darcie Newton, and Tyler & Alyssa Sultze. .... My task? To create a delicious dessert to contribute to the meal. Easy... right? Well, it would have been easy had I not picked a very intricate and involved recipe. An airy chocolate cake rolled and filled with espresso- mascarpone cream and drizzled with a delectable bittersweet chocolate ganache. (you are doing well if you can even recognize the words, mascarpone or ganache :o)

Four hours later, with lots of tasting along the way, and a royal mess to clean up in the aftermath.... (who knew that chocolate could sneak its way to stick to so many random body parts? Elbows.... face.... ankles... (yes ankles.... I tend to take baking rather seriously)) I was proud to have my dessert complete and ready to accompany us to our lovely dinner party this evening.

Though it tastes absolutely wonderful.... I will probably tuck this recipe away for a very long time.... what an adventure!

2 comments:

Sherrie Champion said...

You're absolutely hillarious! That's what I love about you!

LAE said...

Oy! Ankles and all! Why am I not surprised? ...Hmm...It somehow brings to mind how you sat on the open lotion bottle and managed to squirt it all over your pajamas during a movie... :oP